Posted by Jee Yeon Hwang
From the UbiComp 2009 conference, participants present their works within 60 seconds.
Dr. Eric Paulos introduces his research on measuring and visualizing air quality. Any environmental information can be collected/processed by utilizing ubiquitous computing technologies.
Nancy Ma and her team show their interactive toys for the better health.
Pick 3 papers!
* Mario Romero, Zachary Pousman, Michael Mateas: Alien presence in the home: the design of Tableau Machine. Personal and Ubiquitous Computing 12(5): 373-382 (2008) pdf at ACM Digital Library
* Zachary Pousman, Mario Romero, Adam Smith, Michael Mateas: Living with tableau machine: a longitudinal investigation of a curious domestic intelligence. UbiComp 2008: 370-379 pdf
* Pieter Jan Stappers: Creative connections: user, designer, context, and tools. Personal and Ubiquitous Computing 10(2-3): 95-100 (2006) pdf
* Pieter Jan Stappers, H. van Rijn, S. C. Kistemaker, A. E. Hennink, Froukje Sleeswijk Visser: Designing for other people’s strengths and motivations: Three cases using context, visions, and experiential prototypes. Advanced Engineering Informatics 23(2): 174-183 (2009) pdf at Science Direct (same trick of putting gt library in the URL)
* Bill Gaver, Tony Dunne, Elena Pacenti, Design:Cultural probes, Interactions, Vol 6 (1) 21-29 (1999) pdf
* Katherine Isbister, Kristina Höök, Jarmo Laaksolahti, Michael Sharp: The Sensual evaluation instrument: Developing a trans-cultural self-report measure of affect. Int. J. Hum.-Comput. Stud. 65(4): 315-328 (2007) pdf